The Blackout Experience(Ubuntu)
About this Event
LIVE MUSIC, DJS, DANCERS, STREET FOOD, FASHION PARADE & MORE!
- Blackout Experience of Ubuntu is a powerful and vibrant display of all things that encourage Victorian people who identify as BIPOC and their allies to come together to celebrate in meaningful ways what it means to be a proud Victorian.
- The event is indeed a celebration of Ubuntu, the Spirit of human solidarity. Blackout Experience takes place during an important month of March to coincide with International Women’s Day as well as Victorian Multicultural Commission’s Cultural Diversity Week. Through our lineup we aim to not only celebrate women but elevate and acknowledge the Black and Brown experiences as well as promote access tolerance and diversity within the community at large.
Yo CiTY will curate an exclusive musical experience on stage featuring Sahida, Soju Gang, ThatKidMaz , Ijale, Brotha Asanti, Le Fleur, OJ Kush (AMIN PAYNE, Felix Meredith, Tentendo, Joshua Azriel), Royalty Noise, Temgazi (Zulu Gal)
We acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which this project is situated. We respect and thank the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation on whose unneeded land we live and work.
– Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
– Scan QR codes at one of our three main entrances or sign in at the bar, when you arrive.
– Please notify staff if you begin to show possible symptoms.
– Please carry a mask with you at all times.
– Practice social distancing 1.5 meters apart.
– You must wear a mask where you cannot practice social distancing.
– Wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser pumps located around the site.
– Please follow signs and room capacities.