Yo City is supported by Testing Grounds and is a part of our larger programmed event, Testing Nights. Testing Nights occurs on the last Thursday of each month. It is a free creative event, where creative practitioners can test work-in-development across the outdoor site, for one night only, and receive feedback from live public audiences.
Why do we do this?
- This is about ‘feel’ good vibes.
- We advocate for diversity
- We want to support local creative artists and their passion.
- Sharing their stories to create awareness and include their voices within multicultural Australia.
- Creating/fostering spaces to showcase/celebrate creatives that are usually missed in the mainstream space.
Testing Grounds is wheelchair accessible. This is a children and dog friendly event.
Testing Grounds acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which this project is situated. We respect and thank the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation on whose unneeded land we live and work.
Register to stay up to date with event details for this free community event, or simply turn up- everyone is welcome!
– Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
– Scan QR codes at one of our three main entrances or sign in at the bar, when you arrive.
– Please notify staff if you begin to show possible symptoms.
– Please carry a mask with you at all times.
– Practice social distancing 1.5 meters apart.
– You must wear a mask where you cannot practice social distancing.
– Wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser pumps located around the site.
– Please follow signs and room capacities.